Maulerfiend finished!

I actually finished up this Khorne Daemonkin Maulerfiend a couple of days ago, but real life intruded, as it often does. Also, free time since my last post was in short supply so I used what free time I had to actually finish work on the model rather than post updates. That said, the second dino-bot is finished:

The only difference with this model is I haven’t painted the alternative magnetized pieces for the Forgefiend yet.

Continue reading “Maulerfiend finished!”

Quick painting update: Maulerfiend

I’m making progress on my other Maulerfiend and I now have all the base coats on. This phase of painting is the one I always feel is the longest, just because I end up having to go back and make so many corrections with paint going to places I didn’t intend.

First Maulerfiend, with base coats

With this one, I feel I was able to improve my technique a bit. That may sound strange from someone who’s been at this for so long (13 years, off and on), but my basing technique has always been a little slapdash, especially when thinning the paints.

Continue reading “Quick painting update: Maulerfiend”

Return to the dinobots

Well, after completing my Call of Chaos vow, I went back to working on my Khorne Daemonkin units. In this case, it’s my two Maulerfiends. They were part of another painting challenge I failed to complete, but I’ve made headway now. One of them is just in the priming stage:

First Maulerfiend, primed

The other I have actually completed. You probably notice that the lasher tendrils are off the model above. If you remember from my last post about these guys, I magnetized the changeable components. You can probably even see part of the magnet in the socket there on the side. I have to say, I really am glad I took the time to magnetize these guys. From a painting perspective, it’s nice because there are areas that would be hard to get to with a brush, but that are still very much visible. Being able to remove intervening parts has been really convenient.

Continue reading “Return to the dinobots”

“The true power is here!” – Sorcerer complete!

I finished up the last bit of work on my Black Legion Sorcerer the other day. I’m glad to have this one finished now:

Sorcerer, complete, front
“I understand more than you could possibly know….”

The base was done in pretty much the same fashion as I did the Chaos Lord, though I did have a little trouble with the tufts this time. Not sure if I was tired or what, but I ended up ruining two of them. Hopefully the layer of ‘Ard Coat I put on this guy with hold up and prevent paint chips from occurring. It’s always tricky that way with metal models.

Continue reading ““The true power is here!” – Sorcerer complete!”

Quick update: Working on a Black Legion Chaos Sorcerer

Though I’ve been quiet here for a few days, I have been working on a couple projects. One of them is a Black Legion Chaos Sorcerer that is the second part of my Call of Chaos vow. I think I’m enjoying the challenge more this time. Probably because it looks like I’m actually going to finish the vow!

Sorcerer, in progress, front

So this is an old Chaos Sorcerer miniature, one of the metal ones. I actually have a couple of these models. With the increased power the Sorcerers have due to the new supplements, and the ability to take several of them, thanks to the formations, I figured it was a good time to paint them up.

Continue reading “Quick update: Working on a Black Legion Chaos Sorcerer”