Making headway on multiple projects

I’ve had a bit of a layoff on blogging recently, mainly as a result of limited free time. Additionally, I’ve contracted a bit of a case of multiple project syndrome. That’s where instead of focusing on one assembly/painting project, you start two or three or more. As such, the first one up is the main project I’ve been working on – a Skull Cannon of Khorne:

Skull Cannon, shaded

So this one has been a bit of work just because it is so darned detailed. Trying to make sure I’ve painted all the details, and have them the right colors and shades has been a bit of work. But it’s coming along now. I’ve got it to the shading stage and next up is doing some highlights.

Continue reading “Making headway on multiple projects”

Finishing a neglected unit: Plaguebearers of Nurgle

I’m one of those folks who have more miniatures boxes than they have time to assemble. Time for hobbying is scant, unfortunately, but I always end up getting that next unit before I’m finished with my backlog. In some cases, this has led to the neglect of units for years. And it’s not just assembling them; many a time I’ve left a unit in some intermediate stage of painting for months, or even years. Such is the case with these Plaguebearers of Nurgle.

A completed unit of Plague Bearers, via the "dip" method.
A completed unit of Plague Bearers, via the “dip” method.

This unit was purchased not too long after GW brought out the five-model box of Plaguebearers, as I needed them for what I was sure to be a Daemon army. As such, I wanted them to be in the same style as my other Nurgle stuff, so I was planning to use the dip method. It was a great way to buzz through line troops when you were putting together an army. However, the models instead did a lot of extended sitting. First these guys sat with a primer coat. Then they sat for a time with just basecoats. Eventually, I got around to dipping them, and then they sat again. Finally, this past weekend, I put on a dry-brush layer of highlight and did basing, and now they are finished.

Continue reading “Finishing a neglected unit: Plaguebearers of Nurgle”