Well, it was an avalanche of real life that kept my painting to a minimum this week. That happens more than I’d like. Still, I was able to get some work done on my Khorne biker squad. Highlighting always seems to take the longest for me, just because I end up making more mistakes in that phase than any other phase of painting. That always means corrections, which are time consuming and really don’t advance the ball, so to speak. Anyway, here’s where we are:
So far, I’ve got pretty much 90 percent of the highlighting and finishing touches done on the bikes themselves. I really just need to do some gems on buttons and do the targeting screens, but that should be it. The screens are really something I can do at a much later date. Though my OCD will not let me ignore them forever. But I can fight off that demon for now.
Also, I’ve got the champion model pretty much done as well. I might put a water transfer on his open shoulder pad, but otherwise he is finished. I probably also need to do his alternate power sword arm at some point, but again, I think I will put that off.
So the main things left to do are the highlighting of the biker marines. Once I have them done, basing the models should be done quickly. Hopefully, I’ll have them all done by the end of the day Monday, but we’ll see. As we all know – “hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.” Overall, though, I’m pleased with how these models are turning out. Once I have them done, I’ll have my Gorepack finished to add to my Bloodhost. Looking forward to getting them on the table!